Sunday, November 30, 2008

Winter Hill Post-Thanksgiving Food Challenge

I came across this post on Chowhound recently, posted in 2002. The question is, are things better now? I am going to begin to compile a list of food suggestions in the region. Please send along any favorites that you might have:

tasty food in/near Winter Hill?

I'm seeing a play tonight at the Theater Cooporative on Broadway in Somerville, which is in Winter Hill. I know about Vinney's on Bwy further down, and Wang's much further up. Any other good food suggestions for that area? I'd prefer to spend under $15 for an entree. Thanks.

2 Replies so Far

  1. Not much right on Winter Hill. A couple of Sub/Pizza joints,but there is quite a bit close by in either Davis or Union Sq's. If you are driving, it is worth going to either of the Squares, if you are taking the bus, I would recommend Vinny's

  2. further away (ball square, but right on broadway -- bus #89) is the urban gourmet. not much for ambience (though neither is wangs) but there are tables and great, cheap food. pizza, pastas and innovative weekly specials.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think the selection has changed. Leone's has fantastic subs. If you walk south to Pearl St, you can eat at the Paddock, which is under new management.

Anonymous said...

Actually, one change that is on it's way is the Bread and Company location that's replacing Bickfords. Last I looked it hasn't actually opened yet, but I've read good things about their Everett location.

frederic said...

Fasika has rather good Ethiopian food a little bit down B'way. And about as far away is Highland Kitchen which is definitely worth noting.