Saturday, November 8, 2008

Winter Hill in Olden Tymes

Excerpted from the Somerville News

11/5/2008 6:01:00 AM

Memories of a Hill gone by

Jimmy Del Ponte
On The Silly Side




This week's column was a breeze to write - a gentleman who reads my ramblings every week sent me an email about growing up on Winter Hill. I asked him if I could share his memoirs with the readers here and he said yes. This is basically his story - as he told it to me. I guess you could call this week's column "On The Hilly Side."

He's not the kid whose mother hung out the window and yelled "Anthony..." on Wednesday afternoon in the North End; however, this Anthony has a lot of stories to tell about his childhood in the 'Ville.

He went to the Arthur D. Healey School and then Northeastern Junior High School - which was condemned at the time, but still operated as a learning institution. Anthony then graduated from Somerville High School in 1981.

Read more...

No comments: